19 November 2012

"I Dream of the Winter"

As it gets further into Autumn and closer to Winter, my list of favourite things and essentials becomes endless. It also becomes less about the things I actually need (intense moisturisers, super strength lip balms...) and more about things I want! This is the time of year in which my jumper collection grows the most and I am not ashamed to say I love a wonderfully cosy Christmas themed fairisle jumper (or five!) It's my absolute favourite time of the year and I'm so excited for the Christmas Markets, endless mugs of hot chocolate and mulled wine, living in knitwear and early nights with my favourite festive films!




Right now I'm cuddled up in bed writing this, with what I would probably class as my most 'essential' item of the moment... My hot water bottle! Unfortunately my trusty fluffy heart shaped one has had to retire due to the cosy cover going walkabouts on a trip to the washing machine! (A burnt tummy is not on my favourites list right now!) The one I have at the moment is from Next (above centre), it was delivered today and I love it already! The knitted cover makes it even more cosier. I think cuddling up with a hot water bottle just makes a Winter bedtime even better!

I'm also enjoying having a new Costa only a couple of minutes walk from where I work. There's even an express machine at the petrol station on the way home! (Complete with a pastry cabinet next to it... Above left). With Christmas around the corner what better excuse do I have to drink my weight in hot chocolate with a flavoured syrup on my break? The creme brûlée one is amazing! I think I'm also getting a slight addiction the all day mushroom and egg hollandaise muffins!

If I'm at home of an evening then it's a safe bet at this time of year I'll definitely be in the kitchen. There's nothing better than snuggling up with some comfort food on a night in. At the moment I'm making a lot of pies and casseroles and this morning I made homemade bread with my Nana (above right). In a few weeks I think I'll be moving onto sweeter things!



(Left to Right)

These three jumpers are the perfect additions to my Christmas jumper collection! I ordered the Next Fairisle Lambswool Sweater in red as soon as I laid eyes on it in the Winter catalogue and then just had to go back and order the same one but in navy! I live in jumpers at this time of year whether that be with leggings, skinny jeans or with a skirt and thick tights so they were definitely a good investment for my wardrobe... That's my excuse anyway! I came across the River Island jumper online whilst trying to get some inspiration for Christmas gifts! On the suggestion of my Mum it's now been added to my birthday list as she finally managed to convince me not to buy it when I saw it... I'm just hoping I don't stumble upon any more lovely jumpers because I'm afraid I just can't be stopped right now!





18 comments:

  1. I love the I keep you warm one! so cute :) could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter: @shineonbyandrea Facebook:www.facebook.com/shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank-you so much! :) I love your blog!
      I'm not a big Facebook fan but I'll definitely be following you on here & twitter!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. The River Island jumper is too cute! I really love it - and I love the way you have laid out this post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I'm hoping it appears wrapped up on birthday since my Mum tried so hard to stop me buying it at weekend! :) Thank you so much, still getting the hang of everything! xxx

      Delete
  3. lovely! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you :) Following your blog now! xxx

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm those treats look delicious!

    -Erica
    All About Itt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank-you, followings yours too! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank-you! :) Love your blog! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Love Christmas sweaters!! Visit my blog and follow if you like, I'll follow yours back just let me know in a comment! :)

    http://fashion-framed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! :) Checked your blog out & I loved it! Following you now!! xxx

      Delete
  8. Love this! So cute xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you :) I absolutely love your blog! xxx

      Delete
  9. Love this post! Super cute, especially the cosy jumpers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! :) Can't beat a cosy jumper at this time of year! xxx

      Delete