14 November 2012

The Liebster Blog Award




The Liebster Blog Awards is awarded to bloggers, by bloggers. It helps spread the word about blogs with less than 200 followers and it's a brilliant way to find new faces! I'm really excited to have been nominated by Amy of http://srslylou.blogspot.co.uk/


The Rules:
Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
They must answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
They must create 11 questions to ask the bloggers who they tag.
They must choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers.
There are no tag backs.

11 things about me:
I’m pretty short, only just over 5ft tall.
I love love love drinking cold milk, it’s my favourite drink.
My favourite time of the year is Autumn and Winter.
I have a tiny obsession with Tim Burton.
I love baking and cooking.
I enjoy being ghostly pale & on the rare occasions I use fake tan, I can’t wait to get rid of it.
My favourite band is HIM.
I wish it was acceptable to live in my onesies.
When I eventually move out, I want a corgi.
I live in the Manchester area, but I love adventures to London.
I could actually (and have been known to...) sit and watch Food Network all day.


Question Answers:

What was the first tape cassette/cd you purchased?
It was probably something really embarrassing like Spice Girls. The first one I bought with my own money I think was Avril Lavigne ‘Let Go’.

Favourite TV show?
Right now I’m absolutely addicted to Pretty Little Liars and New Girl. 

Your favourite book?
It’s probably a tie between ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’ and ‘Looking For Alaska’.

Do you still live in the same town that you were born in?
Sort of. The hospital I was born is in a different town about half an hour away. But I’ve lived in the same area all my life.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
So many places! I’d love to go to Paris, New York and Italy. I’ve always wanted to visit Finland too! I want to go back to Florida one day and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Santorini next year.

What's your favourite biscuit?
Oh I love biscuits so this is tough. I’ll have to say the Fox’s ones that have the fudge creme and are covered in chocolate. Yummy!

Jumpers or cardigans?
Jumpers! Although I have quite a collection of both. I think jumpers are just that little bit cosier sometimes.

What is your favourite genre of music?
Rock/Metal etc. 

What is your most treasured item of clothing? 
I would probably say my Sam Edelman boots - I saw them in Selfridges and fell in love. I couldn’t afford them at the time so I planned to save up and find them online. The next night after work, I got into my boyfriend’s car and he told me to look in the back seat and there they were! Best and nicest surprise!

Your most purchased make up product?
I buy a lot of OPI nail polish, they’re wonderful. The make up product I swear by and would by over and over again is Diorshow Extase. It is a little bit pricey for a mascara but I love it and it lasts absolutely ages.

Your favourite thing about blogging?
I love that I have a place to ramble about things I like or have found. I also absolutely love finding new blogs and new faces that have similar interests. 


I nominate:


http://www.veronikapaige.com/




Questions for nominated:

What are some of your favourite make-up products and why?
What made you start up a blog?
What is your idea of the perfect day?
Your favourite pair of shoes/boots that you own?
What are the top 5 items on your wish-list right now?
What is your favourite film?
Your favourite clothing purchase?
If you had to pick your favourite meal, what would it be?
What was the last thing you bought?
Tea/Coffee or Hot Chocolate?
What band/album are you listening to most at the moment?


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging! :)


    What are some of your favourite make-up products and why?
    My favourite product which I always go back to is Maybelline Define a lash mascara. I have tried high end mascaras and other high-street ones, but the define a lash is always the one the provides the best length and volume for me, and comes off easily!

    What made you start up a blog?
    I had been reading blogs and watching YouTube make up channels since about 2009, but always a bit shy about starting my own! I finally went for it and have really enjoyed all the feedback!

    What is your idea of the perfect day?
    Waking up on Christmas every day! Going for a lovely cold country walk, and having some mulled wine in a nice cosy pub!......not long to go!

    Your favourite pair of shoes/boots that you own?
    I am obsessed with leopard print shoes. I always have to have a pair on the go.

    What are the top 5 items on your wish-list right now?
    Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
    Bobbi Brown BB Cream
    Clarins Gold Attraction Eye Quartet
    Socks with Snowmen on them…
    Another chunky knit cardigan – you can never have too many!

    What is your favourite film?
    HOOK!

    Your favourite clothing purchase?
    Red French Connection Dress – it’s a “me me” dress which comes out on special occasions.

    If you had to pick your favourite meal, what would it be?
    Fajitas

    What was the last thing you bought?
    Rimmel Lipstick, Diva Red 500

    Tea/Coffee or Hot Chocolate?
    Tea

    What band/album are you listening to most at the moment?
    Alt J, James Vincent McMorrow, Lucy Rose


    Katelilydaze.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :)! Loved your answers, especially the Christmas one! I'm on countdown now too! So excited :) xxx

      Delete
  2. heya, i'm a new follower :) love your blog

    ReplyDelete