10 January 2013

Beating The January Blues



1. Packing for the Lake District.   2. Vitamin Water.   3. Sudafed Capsules.
4. L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream.   5. The 'Lush Times'.   6. Pretty Little Liars Collection.


January is usually not one of my favourite months, I hate taking down the Christmas decorations and saying goodbye to my favourite time of year, but with my New Year pact to stay positive, that is exactly what I intend to do!

For me, the best January essential is to have something lovely to look forward to in the month to avoid the January Blues setting in. For my 21st, Jonny took me to London to see Phantom of the Opera and stay over and last year we went down to Farnborough & London for a week to stay with family! This year we’re heading off to the Lake District for a long weekend (this was one of our Christmas presents).

I ended up starting the New Year with a nasty sinus cold, I thought I was on the road to a complete recovery a couple of days into it, but this cold is a stubborn one! I usually wouldn’t do much about having a cold but with plenty of shifts at work at the moment and the weekend away in a matter of days - I’m living on Vitamin Water and Sudafed capsules this week to try and fully get rid of it for good!

January seems to be bringing the cold so an amazing intense hand-cream will be accompanying me everywhere! After getting a little sample tube in a magazine and loving it - I put L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream on the top of my wish list for after Christmas. Funnily enough my boyfriend’s mum ended up getting it for me as part of my birthday present a couple of weeks later with no idea that I was going to rush out and buy it! Great minds!

I have always loved Lush for anything bath and shower related. My birthday and the Christmas sale brought a couple more gift boxes. I also found one I had forgotten about when I had a big room tidy! Lush baths are the best when it’s super cold outside, and what better to beat the January blues than the amazing healing power of hot water!

Finally, anyone who knows me well, knows that I have a rather big addiction to Pretty Little Liars. I can’t remember the last time I was so hooked on a TV show or book series. At the end of every episode I find myself wanting to scream at the screen that the episode can’t just end there for another week; and the books have me just as addicted. I’m on the last book at the moment so it’s probably a good thing that Season 3 started up again this week!

20 comments:

  1. Great post.
    I really want to get into start watching pretty little liars!
    Hope you had a lovely 21st. Mine was in October and we went to London for the week and saw Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you :) You should, it's an amazing & addicting show!
      Hope you had a lovely birthday! I love London! xxx

      Delete
  2. Cute post. Love your pics.

    I love your blog and I'm now following you on GFC.

    I'm having a give-away at my blog! Would love it if you entered! http://beautytricks1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/crazy-angel-giveaway.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you :) Followed your blog! I love it :)
      Your giveaway look great - will definitely enter! xxx

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog! I've enjoyed reading your post :)

    Come check me out...
    elliebeaa.blogspot.com

    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply!
      But thank-you so much! :)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Come check it out on my blog and take part :)

    Carly xx

    http://glittersecrets.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photos!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vitamin waters, everyone i know hates them!
    Newest follower :) Would you mind stopping by my blog?

    www.the-fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk

    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me! They don't know what they're missing :P!
      Of course! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Your Pretty Little Liars shelf is the white version of mine!! I LOVE them, literally can't put them down once I've started!! And is it just me being a geek or did you hate it after Wanted when they changed the covers so now they don't all match?! xx

    Youlooknicetodayxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm so glad it isn't just me who is so obsessed with reading them! :) And NO. Not at all. I was so frustrated when they all stopped matching haha! :( xxx

      Delete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love L'Occitane hand creams, but Lush is so much better in my opinion! Check out Dream Cream, it is amazing for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a little pot of Dream Cream in my Lush stash & hadn't got around to trying it yet! :) Thanks for letting me know how good it is! It's going to coming on my travels with me now! xxx

      Delete
  9. This is a great post, cute blog :)

    love char_beyy xxx

    http://charbeyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much! Going to check yours out now! :) xxx

      Delete
  10. omg the loccitane cream is my fav EVER xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Can't believe I hadn't used it before! :) xxx

      Delete