9 January 2013

New Year, New Start?

I feel like my poor little blog has been rather neglected due to how busy I ended up being towards the end of the year! It definitely goes without saying that this year I want to make a lot more time to post things - starting today! I guess it is probably entirely cliche to wait until a new year begins to make changes & plans when they could really be made on any day of the year; but there is something extremely refreshing to re-evaluate at the start of a new year! I'm not one to make 'resolutions' as such - I just make a note of things I'd personally like to achieve. No pressure!

1. BE A LITTLE BIT HEALTHIER!
I could be far more unhealthy than I am already, but I could also be a lot more healthier! I feel like I want to try and get rid of the few pounds I put on over the season of indulgence and tone up a little bit before Summer. I don't believe in dieting at all - probably because I love food so much & my self control around yummy food is awful. This leaves me with only one option. Exercise! It's not going to be full on gym sessions but I should probably get back into walking, sit ups, weights & the odd swim session wherever I can.

2. STOP WASTING MONEY.
My weakness. I always buy things I do not need! This year I am going to cut out the frequent takeaways, the post work trips through a drive-thru (always about the food...!!) and just generally work on a need or want basis! I have lots to save for so at least I have some motivation to be saving not spending! This doesn't mean I won't be treating myself every so often though!

3. SHUT OUT NEGATIVITY - STAY POSITIVE.
This is something that's been very ongoing over the last year or so. I am aware I can't always avoid bad situations or bad news but I can be as positive as possible day to day & I will not be letting things get me down like I used to. I've always been a massive worrier but I need to start enjoying the moments and good times whilst they're happening. Time flies and life's too short!

4. MAKE MEMORIES & TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS.
I'm one of those people who tend to get caught up in the moment & leave my camera in my bag or held unused in my hand most of the time. Sometimes this can be a good thing but most of the time I wish I'd have at least snapped a few photographs to look back on! I have a new camera so I am determined to use it this year! 

5. MAKE THE EFFORT!
I can be incredibly lazy when it comes to my appearance! And certain beauty items have made it so much more easier to be so lazy - dry shampoo for one!! I really need to start taking my make-up off before bed and doing something my hair - even if I'm only going to work. I feel a million times better when I'm sticking to a skin care routine & my hair isn't tied back. I also want to get over my fear of the epilator that's been hiding at the bottom of my toiletry bag for months!

6. BE MYSELF.
So what if I prefer a night in complete with a good book, a hot water bottle & mug of milk to going on a wild night out. Instead of worrying that people may perceive me as 'boring', I'm going to enjoy doing the things I enjoy doing in my free time.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely set of new year promises. I hope you stick to them and feel much better for it.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you :) Hopefully I can! xxx

      Delete
  2. all of those are great! and has got me thinking what mine are going to be for this year!

    x

    www.desdemonavintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It took me a while to decide on my main ones I wanted to do! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I am pretty sure, that my resolutions are exactly the same as yours!
    Hope you stick to them :)
    Your blog is really cute! already a huge fan!

    New follower!!
    Check out mine and follow back please :)

    Coral-x x x

    Corals Closet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owh!:) I hope you manage to stick to them too!
      Thank-you so much :) Following you back :)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Great resolutions! I always spend money on things I don't need too! At the time I always convince myself I need it, just one more moisturiser I'll say! Haha

    I also want to take more photos and I just recently bought my first SLR camera which I'm very excited about!

    Good luck keeping all your resolutions :)

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exactly the same! I may have to save my unnecessary spending for special occasions! Hope you manage to stick to taking more pictures! :) xxx

      Delete