21 February 2013

Life.

This is a little bit of a wordy post. After leaving University last year I promised myself I wouldn't be making any rushed decisions about which path I would be taking next. I would take the next year or so to stay at my part-time job, earn some money, pay off some debts and do some traveling. Basically enjoy myself, relax and figure out exactly what I wanted to do next, figure out a career rather than a job. Now life being life has thrown a bit of an obstacle in my way in terms of how secure my job is. There's a constant air of uncertainty surrounding the situation & honestly it's put me right out of my comfort zone. 

But staying true to my New Year's Resolutions (or as I liked to call them, things I wanted to achieve) I'm constantly striving to see the positives. After having a weird couple of months, where people in my life have shown their true colours, I've laughed, cried and planned lots to do this year. I've finally realised that life is short, we only get one, so to enjoy it. I pulled together some relevant quotes to me right now, which are definitely keeping me on the positive road.

I believe that things happen for a reason. Everything negative has shown me a big positive. I have some amazing people in my life, who have been big pillars of support for me recently. I will never be able to change what is going to happen, or know what life will throw my way, the best way to deal is to tackle it head on and make the absolute best of every situation. Enjoy the good times whilst they're here and learn and gain life experience from the bad.

14 comments:

  1. I love that first text, it's something I always strive to live by too.

    I'm glad you're feeling positive
    xo

    kindlytreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. A good reminder to stay happy :)
      Thank-you, that's really sweet :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic! Very applicable to everyday life!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very very applicable, glad you liked the post :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Thank you, this is very inspiring. I'm actually in a similar type of situation (decided to leave university after 3~4 years of studying), and now I've no idea what I want to study. Trying to stay positive as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand exactly how you feel. Just take the time to figure out for sure what you want to do & don't rush yourself :) I always tell myself things happen fro a reason. You might not know why now but somewhere along the line it will become clear xxx

      Delete
  4. That's the best way to look at things. I'm a big believer that things happen for a reason.
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I've followed your blog - love it!
      Have a lovely weekend too!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Great post. I feel the same way- everything happens for a reason. In the end, everything falls into place and goes according to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I just nominated you for the Liebster Awards! Go to my blog to get more details!
    http://starftshsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh :) Thank-you! I'll check that out right now! xxx

      Delete
  7. I just nominated you for a Liebster award,
    follow this link for your questions

    http://alighthousekeeperx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award.html


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really sweet of you :) I'll check it out! xxx

      Delete