11 February 2013

Meat Free Monday - Vegetarian Sausage Casserole

I am by no means vegetarian, I have been in the past a few times, but my will power (and occasional cheeseburger addiction) is terrible. That said, wherever possible I do try and eat a lot of vegetarian options because a. I’m really not that big of a meat eater most of the time and b. most of the vegetarian alternatives I’ve had recently are delicious! There is also the added bonus of them being a lot healthier! On my dinner break last week I popped into Tesco looking for something tasty but a bit different and found some Linda McCartney lunch pots, one being a sausage hotpot. It was that yummy I decided to make a sausage casserole based on the ingredients, which were surprisingly all super healthy! This is one of the quickest, easiest, healthiest & most mess free recipes I've actually ever made!


































This is basically a 'throw everything in the pot' recipe. The most effort that went into creating the casserole was to chop the onion and to cut the sausages into smaller pieces! Once everything is in the casserole dish it just needs popping in the oven for about 40-60 minutes. It's not the quickest recipe but once it's cooking, it hardly needs any attention (maybe the odd stirring). What better excuse to jump in a hot bath and relax or curl up on the sofa with a film until it's ready? It can then either be served with a potato side or on it's own. Some sliced potato sprinkled with herbs and some oil could also be placed on top before cooking to turn it into a yummy hotpot!

22 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely! I am a vegetarian, so will definitely be trying this out, always looking for new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) That's great! I'm glad there's many more options now! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Good morning, dear :) ..it looks awesome! im goona have breakfast right now ..take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yummy.;)
    Maybe follow each other???
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you :) I'll check out your blog now :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love how you put it together, looks yummy!
    Want to follow each other?
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! So simple yet so yummy! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I love your blog, the font you use is gorgeous! Also that sounds so good, I've been looking at trying more veggie recipes and that sounds lush! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much! :)
      You should definitely try it - I was surprised how yummy it was! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    Check out my post for information :)
    Love your blog
    http://kisseswithlexy.blogspot.co.uk/

    XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! :) Thank-you! I'll check it out now! xxx

      Delete
  7. Hi there! I like your blog very much. I'd like to invite you to my blog connected with fight against eating disorders, cause i think we shouldn't be silent about that. Of course you can find here also mode, make-up, opinions, advices, photos, daily stories, healthy recipes etc. You can trust me you will find something you will like.If you'll like it really much, you can become my new follower. Hope to visit me soon. Have a very nice time. xoxxx Andie

    www.andie-chambers.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following your blog! It's lovely! Love the layout and colours! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on gfc.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dishes like these, where you can quite literally 'throw it all in'.
    Just have to say, beautiful blog layout. Really lovely fresh design. Not enough blogs that look like yours! Good content and a good design? Here's a winner xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much for such a lovely comment! :)
      I'm always so picky about my layout, I'm never happy with it aha! :)
      xxx

      Delete
  10. Delicious post!!! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you :) Will check out your blog now! :) xxx

      Delete
  11. Never tried anything like this and I have been a veggie for 9 years now :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go maybe? :) It was super easy & healthy too! :) xxx

      Delete