3 April 2013

"Home Sweet Home"

I first noticed Home Sweet Home when I convinced Jonny that he wanted to take me to the amazing burger place he had been to a couple of nights previous - Almost Famous (Now I will save my ramblings about how yummy their burgers are for another day - but seriously - they are wonderful!) Home Sweet Home is just across the road and on first impressions it looked like a lovely little cafe with hot drinks, cakes, snacks etc. And anywhere that does cakes is always automatically a place I want to visit! Oh how I was wrong... I have a bad bad habit of sitting looking at menus online when I discover a new place to eat and I’m so so glad I even thought to see what they had on offer. As well as the usual things you would expect to find in a cafe there is also a menu full of delicious American Style food - my weakness. So obviously the first day I had off work after my discovery, we had to go on a little food adventure! After parking up & braving the cold snow flurries (so much for it being Spring?!) we reached Home Sweet Home and were seated within 5 minutes. I immediately decided on the Cheeseburger Toastie (Genius creation!!!) and mixed fries (normal and sweet potato) and Jonny had the Pulled-Pork Pile Up. We both ordered milkshakes on the side too, Cookie for me, Oreo for Jonny. When I wasn’t resisting drinking the milkshake all in one go, I was staring at the unreal display of cakes on the counter trying to decide which to have later. It seems that they have different cakes from  day to day which is even better - more cakes to sample! The food arrived super quickly and was just absolutely amazing. So amazing that I am still almost 5 days later having daydreams and cravings for more, and planning another trip there! Luckily for my happy full tummy, the cakes can be taken away in a little carry out box! I love carry out cakes - even if I have a dessert whilst I’m out I always take some away for later on when I’m post-bath cosy in my onesie! I finally decided on the Oreo Brownies, but it was a difficult choice to make - so many yummy options. All in all, my new favourite place to eat!


20 comments:

  1. This looks so nice! We don't have anything like that around my area, really jealous! hope you had a lovely time! xx


    www.beautyeverafter.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much :) Owh! :( I didn't even know about this little place until a month or so ago! xxx

      Delete
  2. Hey Beautiful! I'm Christina from StarftshsBlog and I nominated you for an award! Go to http://starftshsblog.blogspot.com/ to see my page and to see your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thank-you lovely! I'll check that out! xxx

      Delete
  3. My god that all looks delicious!

    http://kindlytreasures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It really was. My burger & fries cravings are terrible since!! xxx

      Delete
  4. This food look incredibly delicious, I'm hungry now! The milkshakes look so good too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing place! I've had constant urges to go back since eating there! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :)
      Thank-you :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh my.. I am officially hungry now haha! :)) Everything looks so yummy! Great post hun! <3

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! :) :) Thank-you! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Offft all this lovely food <3

    Just found your blog babe, it's so adorable. :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love yummy food :)
      Oh thank-you ever so much :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Omg all this food looks amazing!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so tasty! Need to go back! :) xxx

      Delete
  9. you're making me hungry... looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete