13 May 2013

Montagne Jeunesse Blackhead Mask


I have been desperately lusting after Origins Clear Improvement Mask after a bit of a frantic google search for something to clear my horrible skin last week! I don’t object to spending a lot of money on something if it works but I was hesitant to spend £20 on a face mask so far away from pay day! Face masks are one of my favourite beauty treats! (Falling short behind Lush bath bombs!) If I ever end up doing a food shop I always detour down the beauty isle to pop a couple of the cheap and cheerful masks from Montagne Jeunesse into my basket too & this weekend was no exception. Only silly me grabbed one of the mask’s from the men’s range after zoning in on the words ‘blackhead’ and ‘liquorice’. This aside (And the fact that Jonathan wouldn’t try it out!) I decided to give it a go as it seemed to be aiming to do the same as the Origins mask I’d been debating splurging on.

WHAT THE DESCRIPTION SAYS:

Liquorice Root Extract
Helps open the pores. Helping to rebalance oily skin and enhance skin brightness and overall radiance.

Willow-bark extract
A natural source of salicylic acid-like material with antimicrobial properties (without the draw-backs of salicylic acid irritancy) – a natural remedy for problem skin conditions. Also increases cell renewable capabilities.

Before using the mask I steamed my face to open my pores as much as possible, then I covered my face in the mask, waited the maximum of 15 minutes and washed it off with cool-warm water. Simple. I find I always get a couple of uses out of the amount of product so I keep the sachet in a stay fresh tub for another use! After washing the mask off my skin felt amazing; soft, super clean and the pores felt tightened. It also looked noticeably cleaner & clearer. It hasn’t got rid of all of the blackheads but for the first use I am impressed! I still think I will splurge on the Origins mask, because the reviews are too good to ignore! But I also will be stocking up on sachets of this mask too! For the price (£1.29) it’s brilliant for a more frequent treat and even more so it’s light and travel friendly to throw a couple in a suitcase to take on holiday!

If anyone has any favourite face masks or recommendations I’d love to know!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :) For the price it's definitely worth a try! xxx

      Delete
  2. Te he! Love the photo! I am so cheap when it comes to well, most things, so I tend to just use the least pricey face masks. I love the Queen Helene brand. They actually work and are much less expensive than other brands I've tried! I came across your blog and am your newest follower (tried your GFC link, but it didn't work, so I've got you on Blog Lovin'). I would love if you’d visit : the daily savant : and follow back (if you like)!

    I have a Betsey Johnson giveaway on now! I also have a choose-your-prize jewelry giveaway going on now, as well!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into that brand! :) As long as something does what it claims to do I don't think it matters if it isn't pricy - it's a bonus! :) xxx

      Delete