26 September 2013

The Autumn Tag



Autumn & Winter are my favourite seasons, so the minute it hits September my mood is usually at it's best, the jumpers come back out, the candles get lit & I start stocking up on ingredients to make yummy hot drinks. I've seen a few people do this post so I thought I'd join in. I love reading what other people enjoy about Autumn so I can't wait for more people to post this tag so I can have a nosy!





For Autumn, what is your...

1. Favourite thing about it?
I have so so many favourite things about Autumn. It’s the start of my favourite few months of the year. I love the dark nights, waking up to frosty, cold mornings, I also love going for walks on ‘crispy days’ when it’s a little bit sunny but cold enough to wrap up warm and all the fallen leaves are crunchy! I like having the reason to stay in at the evening with yummy food, hot chocolate, blankets and hot water bottles. My entire wardrobe is most suited to cold weather so I’m excited to dig out all my jumpers, boats, coats, hats, scarves and mittens!

2.  Favourite drink?
Hot chocolate. In any form. Even better if it has some sort of extra flavour like cinnamon or hazelnut. I also recently tried a White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks with was yummy considering I’m not a coffee person in the slightest - so I may be drinking those quite a lot!

3.  Favourite scent/candle?
I love Yankee Candle Blissful Autumn & Red Velvet. I have both of them in my bedroom & I may have to start burning them when I’m having a cosy film evening. Yankee have just released some new scents for Autumn and Winter so I’m quite excited to hunt those down & see what they’re like! My favourite perfume for this time of year is Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb. It was around this time of year I first splurged on a bottle so for some reason it reminds me of Autumn & every September I get the urge to start wearing it all the time.

4.  Best lipstick?
I’m not the biggest lipstick wearer. Awful because I do own quite a few lovely ones which I keep forgetting to use! MAC Myth is probably my favourite. I’m never a fan of a bold or darker lip colour on myself so I stick to pale pinks and pale nude colours. When I’m not wearing lipstick I’m definitely always wearing a good lip balm.

5.  Go to Moisturiser?
Again - I’m so awful at using a moisturiser. I tend to forget or get too sleepy of an evening. I have got a big pot of Soap & Glory Knight in Shining Amour Night cream which is a life saver for me being lazy. I usually have an early bath & take my make up off at the same time when the dark nights roll in so I usually put a generous amount on earlier in the evening rather than before bed!

6.  Go to colours for the eyes?
I’m not one for ‘colour’ on my eyes. I like a good neutral colour for my eyeshadow. I use NARS Edie on lighter make up days and Chanel palettes in Enigma & Mystic Eyes when I want more of a darker eye. I love dark thick eyelashes as well at this time of year so I may have to dig out the falsies to go with my all time favourite Diorshow Extase.

7.  Favourite music or band/singer to listen to?
HIM (this is an all year favouite - but more so in Autumn!) They’ve been my favourite band for over 10 years now so I usually have all their songs set to play in a random order most days I’m at home. I also love listening to Saosin & Circa Survive when driving about in the car with Jonny. He’s been recently playing a lot of Sleeping With Sirens so I’ve been hunting down their albums and listening to those a lot too!

8.  Favourite outfit to wear (i.e. boots & a scarf combo)?
Big long scarves! Dark coloured jeggings, oversized jumpers, a nice pair of boots and a oversized beanie.

9.  Autumn treat?  (i.e. a new scarf or bag you have your eye on)
I think my next treat will definitely be some new Yankee Candles! I may be going on a little Garden Centre outing with Mum tomorrow when she finishes work so I hoping they have the new collection in stock so I can pick out a few & stock up!

No comments:

Post a Comment