18 November 2013

'I Love Winter'


Over the weekend it has truly started to feel like WInter. I don’t think there are many things better than being super cosy with lovely company, films and yummy food on a cold Winter’s day. So after seeing Kellie’s ‘I Love Winter’ post over at Beauty Ever After, I couldn’t resist doing one of my own! I LOVE reading things like this so if anyone does this post or similar, let me know in a comment so I can have a nosy!

      (Picture taken from WeHeartIt)

FAVOURITE WINTER NAIL POLISH
OPI are always always always my go to brand for nail polish. I’m eager to try out Alter Ego which is waiting in my drawer for it’s first use! But I think my Winter favourites are going to be Under The Mistletoe & My Favourite Ornament

FAVOURITE WINTER LIP PRODUCT
Oh, I am so boring come winter with my lip products... I generally stick to lip balms and frequent use of my LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub. 

MOST WORN WINTER CLOTHING PIECE
Do cosy pajamas count? If not then my ever growing supply of jumpers!

MOST WORN WINTER ACCESSORY
A happy mixture of scarves, mittens and my furry fox hat!

FAVOURITE WINTER SCENT OR CANDLE
I love the smell of frosty, ‘crispy’ winter days! Also as much I’m not a fan of eating Christmas Cake, I do love the smell of baking one in the oven! In terms of candles the Winter Yankee Candles win hands down every year, especially Merry Marshmallow & Snowflake Cookie.

FAVOURITE WINTER BEVERAGE
Hot chocolate or mulled wine! Depending on the situation!

ALL TIME FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS / HOLIDAY MOVIE
Oh too many! Elf, The Grinch, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Muppets Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street, Love Actually, The Holiday, The Snowman / Father Christmas, Gremlins...

FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS / HOLIDAY SONG
Most of them!! (Yes, I love love love Christmas!) The ones everybody always plays are always on in our house. I do also love Saosin - Mookies Last Christmas and Dave Melillo’s cover of All I Want For Christmas.

FAVOURITE HOLIDAY FOOD / TREAT
Christmas Dinner! Orange, cranberry & white chocolate cookies, Terry’s Chocolate Orange. Just all the winter food really! (I love food too much too!)

FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS DECORATION THIS YEAR
The knitted stag I bought from NEXT last year! I can’t wait to stand him on my desk!

WHAT’S AT THE TOP OF YOUR CHRISTMAS LIST?
I haven’t asked for anything this Christmas yet at all. Definitely at the top of my list are some Christmas LUSH goodies and an electric blanket!

WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE HOLIDAY THIS YEAR?
I’m not going to be working over Christmas this year! I’m spending Christmas Day at my Nana & Grandad’s with close family, then Jonny will come round there in the evening too & we’ll spend Christmas Night & Boxing Day together too!

6 comments:

  1. Awww, what a cute post!

    Mmmm Terrys Chocolate Orange, why do they only seem to come out at Christmas time, they should be all year! Haha

    Love the images :)

    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owh thank-you! I know, they should be! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Nice post! My mom and sister have to get those chocolate oranges every year. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you :) I'm the same, resisting temptation to eat the one in our cupboard right now! xxx

      Delete
  3. I love this tag, it makes me really wish it were winter here in Australia!

    Oh and orange flavoured chocolates are the best! Imagine that flavour in hot chocolate form...mmm

    xx Carina
    P.S Just found your blog, new follower for sure :)
    http://windsweptwishesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for the lovely comment! :)
      I bet that would be the nicest hot chocolate! I think Starbucks are doing that here this Winter - will have to go and experiment!
      xxx

      Delete