8 December 2013

THE CHRISTMAS TAG



DO YOU PREFER A REAL CHRISTMAS TREE OR SYNTHETIC?
I love real Christmas trees. But we do always have a synthetic in our house. The reason behind that being that my birthday is in December and I always insist the tree is up early on; that and having a dog who likes to brush past the tree a LOT... Well the lovely Christmas tree would be bald at the bottom come Christmas!

YOU’RE IN A COFFEE SHOP, IT’S DECEMBER, WHAT DO YOU PICK?
I’ve only recently started liking coffee! So it would either be a mocha, latte or more than likely a hot chocolate. It would also depend on which Wintery flavours were being advertised. The more sugary the better! So anything chocolate orange, creme brûlée or cinnamon themed is a winner.

WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR SCHEME FOR DECORATING THE TREE?
The one we have in our living room is gold themed - Mum likes to match the decor!! The little tree I have in my bedroom has fairy lights, a gold bow at the top and candy canes on it. I definitely do like the more traditional colours like red and gold. I think the only thing I am not a big fan of is tinsel on a tree.

GIVING OR RECEIVING?
Giving, definitely. I love picking presents out for everyone and although it can be quite stressful finding the perfect present sometimes, I always get excited for the present to be opened on Christmas Day. My favourite presents to receive are the little meaningful ones which have had a lot of thought put into them.

TO MINCE PIE OR NOT TO?
In terms of eating them - to not unfortunately. I’m not a big fan. When I was little I somehow convinced myself that they had minced beef inside & I’ve never really fancied them after that! My Mum loves them though so I am quite keen to bake her some homemade ones!

WHAT’S YOUR TRADITIONAL SUNDAY LUNCH?
We always have a Christmas Dinner which we plate up to everyone’s taste. So I have a little bit of turkey, veggie sausages (not a big meat lover), lots and lots of roasts, carrots, stuffing & gravy. My Nana always does a bit of a buffet tea around late afternoon so we can all keep grabbing some nibbles throughout the evening as family comes and goes.

CHRISTMAS DAY FASHION?
I am always torn between wanting to wear a nice dress/outfit or wearing a onesie all day. So my solution to that little dilemma is... Dress up nice to head over to my Nana & Grandad’s, have some pictures taken and eat Christmas Dinner. Then, get changed and laze about in cosy pajamas for the rest of the day!

WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SONG?
Oh too many! All the ‘traditional’ ones that pop up on the compilation albums. I do love Michael Buble’s & She & Him’s Christmas albums too. There is also a Punk Rock Christmas one I have with a few I love on too. I am definitely going to make an iTunes & Spotify playlist this year!

WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS FILM?
So so difficult to choose just one! I’m not narrowing down - I always work my way through the same ones in December. The Nightmare Before Christmas, Elf, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Muppet’s Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street, Gremlins, The Snowman/Father Christmas, Greatest Store in the World, Love Actually, The Holiday, The Santa Clause... I’ve probably missed some...

OPEN PRESENTS BEFORE OR AFTER LUNCH?
Before mostly. We open all the ones that are at home when we wake up, then when we get to my Nana & Grandad’s they give us ours and we give them their’s to open together. I always see Jonny in the evening so we tend to give each other our presents later on in the evening when we’re together.



2 comments:

  1. (: I like this tag, I love christmas, i think i'll do this on my blog, i will link it to yours too.
    lovely blog.

    Charlie Eterna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much! :) I really enjoy reading your posts! Can't wait to see your answers to this tag too! :) xxx

      Delete