21 January 2014

Growing Up - Resolutions for the Year.

I have a love/hate relationship with growing up. I love having my own things, my own thoughts, my own dreams & aspirations but I've found all of that does come with a price - you end up losing that carefree & worry free life that you had as a child. You aren't protected from worry, stress and hurt as an adult. I made it one of my 'resolutions' to try and worry less, to accept more & not take everything to heart and to not let myself be upset by the things that were out of my control.

This time two years ago I was looking at the end of my University course, already knowing I had no intention of going into the industry I had studied. I had a part time job, it paid the bills, it paid for some amazing holidays and it paid for me to treat myself to nice things every so often - so it kept me reasonably satisfied for a while. I just always felt, and still do, like there is a big career/purpose sized hole in my life that I would like to fill. But at the same time, I don't want to go rushing into anything and have any regrets.

"NEVER REGRET ANYTHING, BECAUSE AT ONE TIME IT WAS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED"

I try to live by that. And also by believing that everything happens for a reason. This year seems to have dragged me right into my future. Things are changing and I'm starting to feel like I've grown up all of a sudden. I'm just hoping that somewhere along the way I find my 'career' and what I want to do for a living for the rest of my life. It's taken me a couple of weeks to ponder what I want to achieve this year - so not strictly 'resolutions', but here we go...


1. Stay positive, everything happens for a reason, bad days are learning curves.
2. Put 100% into everything I attempt to do.
3. Be more creative, make things, bake things and do things.
4. Remind myself that it's okay to not know what I want to do in life just yet.
5. Make the most of every day & every happy moment.

1 comment:

  1. You're so right. I really need to go and search for that kid inside me. I need her!

    ReplyDelete