25 February 2014

Behind The Blog

Being the slightly nosy person that I am, I love finding out more about the people are behind the blogs I read and follow. It’s always lovely to be able to put a face and a character to the reviews and posts. So here is a bit about me and if anyone decides to do this post or has a similar one, please please leave me a link in my comments so I can have a peek!


NAME, BIRTHDAY & LOCATION?
My name is Jodie. I’m soon to be changing my surname to that of my Mum’s side of the family. I was born on the 13th of December in 1989, making me 24 as I’m writing this post. And I’m currently living just outside of Manchester in the UK.

WHERE DID YOUR BLOG NAME COME FROM?
‘Sweetheart, things look lovely’ is taken from a Saosin song called Translating The Name. I’ve loved Saosin since I was about thirteen and from what I remember I used to have that as my screen name on MSN back in the day...!

A FEW THINGS ABOUT MY APPEARANCE
I’m super short - just over 5ft. I’m very pale too. I love having long long hair and do wear extensions a lot of the time, except when I’m at work or just relaxing at home. I own too many items of black and grey clothing. 90% of the time I will be wearing footwear from Kurt Geiger.

A FEW THINGS ABOUT MY PERSONALITY
I have an awful sense of humor, I laugh at my own jokes. I do enjoy time to myself and don’t trust easily. I probably come across quite ‘blonde’ at times but I am super organised and serious when needed.

RELATIONSHIP STATUS?
I’m in a relationship and have been since 2006. This year my boyfriend (Jonny) started training as a Deck Officer for the Merchant Navy so it’s a bit of a long distance relationship now! I’m very very thankful for technology right now and in the foreseeable future!

ANY PETS?
Yes! I have a border collie cross called Tia who is our family doggie! And two recent additions to the family are my guineas - Arya and Daenerys! When I do have my own house I want a Welsh Pembrokeshire Corgi!

BEAUTY ITEM ESSENTIALS?
Illamasqua Skin Base foundation, Dior Extase Mascara, MAC lipsticks in Myth & Creme Cup and MAC Lingering eyebrow pencil, a good contouring and highlighter combination, Benefit Porefessional. OPI Nail Polishes, Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and a nice stash of LUSH bath bombs.

LIFESTYLE ESSENTIALS?
A nice smelling room and linen spray, Yankee Candles (or any nice smelling candles for that matter, pretty bed linen, an electric blanket for cold nights, fairy lights and my snack box full of treats for lazy film nights.

SIGNATURE PERFUME?
I would say a nice mix between Moschino - I Love Love, Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb, Chanel No.5 & Vera Wang - Princess Night (Not all at the same time, I love them all for different reasons and different occasions!)

WHEN I’M NOT BLOGGING I AM...?
Spending time with my family and/or Jonny. Reading blogs... and then remembering how long it’s been since I actually wrote a blog post! Ooops. In the kitchen baking or cooking, watching a film, eating, reading a book, in the bath or at work.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED this! Thanks for sharing with the world. So funny because I thought I was the only one who laughed at my own jokes hehe. All the best love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to learn how you got your blog name! I recently changed mine and it was a struggle to come up with one haha.

    Just made various social media accounts too so if you'd like to follow me in any of them, I would really appreciate it! :) I just followed you on instagram and twitter.
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love viktor & rolf perfume too!

    xx
    e spot

    ReplyDelete